Functional Literacy For Dignity and Entitlement
To empower illiterate rural women from marginalized communities through a holistic functional literacy program for dignity and entitlements.
Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh, India
Korean National Commission for UNESCO
14 Gram Panchayats of Khairabad Block &Parsendi Block of Sitpapur District which is 85 km from the State Capital of U.P. (Lucknow).
To empower illiterate rural women of marginalized communities through a holistic functional literacy program.
To provide literacy and life skills education for illiterate rural women through an integrated, problem-solving approach
2. To promote change agents as leaders and advocates for positive change in their communities
3. To capacitate rural women towards local level leadership in promoting gender mainstreaming
4. To establish a strong linkage with local self-government and other government institutions to facilitate a functional literacy program.
5. To encourage the formation of credit group activities among learners.
6. To create a literate environment for the sustenance of skills acquired during the literacy course at the post-literacy stage
7. To provide opportunities for the community women in developing their knowledge and skills by accessing the library resources.