Sun, Nov 06|
Last Date to Apply 1st Nov 2022
Training of Trainers on Participatory Training (TOT)
Training of Trainers is a powerful tool to enhance the capabilities of people who design and deliver training at different levels and context
Time & Location
Nov 06, 2022, 10:00 AM – Nov 12, 2022, 2:00 PM
Last Date to Apply 1st Nov 2022, Mubarakpur, Kamalabad Barhauli, Uttar Pradesh 226201, India
About the event
Training of Trainers on Participatory Training
In societal and organizational development processes training have acquired the vanguard tools for proper percolation of concepts, approaches, techniques, and general conduct of ways to the intended beneficiaries either be it staff of an organization, community, an individual or group. Training of Trainers is a powerful tool to enhance the capabilities of people who design and deliver trainings at different levels and context.
The greatest inhibiting factor for organizations to outsource trainer is its high cost. Although it is wise to outsource training expertise in some areas, others requiring tight internal control are better handled in-house i.e., better use your own trainer. But it requires lot of skills to be a good trainer. Being good at subject does not signify you are a good trainer, and hence it does not ensure transfer of knowledge, skill etc. to the intended target. That's exactly what's needed to energize and inspire trainers' own work and personal development, and to widen their perspective. In order to address these issues, SST has developed a comprehensive. TOT program for new as well as experienced trainers based on participatory principles for effective learning. TOT is a curriculum tool to prepare master level peer education trainers. Participatory techniques based on a variety of theoretical frameworks are utilized to ensure that future trainers are skilled and confident in their abilities to facilitate the process of acquiring new knowledge and skills learning from the reflections of structured experiences of the participants in the gourp.
SSK has been organizing TOT on Participatory Training for Trainers since 1991.
By the end of the training, the participants will have learned and internalized –
Ø Concept and meaning of participatory training
Ø Analysing training needs and set learning objectives
Ø Understanding about the relevance of small groups in the context of participatory training
Ø Understanding appropriate participatory training methods, tools, techniques etc.
Ø Designing effective participatory training and its various steps
Ø Facilitating participatory training sessions
Ø apply practical techniques for presentation and facilitation
Ø Understanding different roles, a trainer has to play during participatory training
Ø Importance of self and personality development of a trainer
Ø Skills required for conducting a participatory training session
Ø Practical learning of conducting participatory training
Ø Understanding on evaluation of training through participatory methodology.
In order to achieve the above outcomes, the following contents shall be dealt with during the training program:
· Philosophy and Principles of Participatory training
· Difference between conventional training Vs participatory training
· How to analyse training needs
· How to design a participatory training
· Principles of various methods of participatory learning
· Use of small groups in Participatory training
· Facilitating small group processes viz. participation, decision making, communication, leadership, conflict resolution
· Role of trainers in participatory training and self and personality development of a trainer
· Interactive Training methods – Lecture, Small Group Discussion, Role play, Case studies, Learning games, Simulation, etc
· Organizing practical sessions and analysing the same through use of video recording
· Monitoring and evaluation of a training program.
· The training program shall be conducted in a participatory manner, in which participants are involved in mutual learning and sharing process.
· The sessions are made highly interactive so that no stone is left unturned in imparting the concepts and principles of participatory development.
· Emphasis is placed on using methods of adult learning such as small group discussion, case study, role-plays, simulations, video reviews, etc.
· Presentations of case studies and the material prepared on the theme forms the basis for group discussion. Direct reading, relevant exercise, and assignments on specific topic drawing lesson from their own context will supplement these.
· Micro-labs for understanding self and personality
Participatory learning games and energizers are used to create a conducive environment for learning
Language - Considering the background and participant’s profile this training programme is conducted essentially in Hindi. However, technical terms are dealt with in English also.
Total seat: 24
Course Fees - The fee for the training program is Rs. 10000.00 per person which includes tuition fee, cost of learning materials, stationary, staying, food charges, transportation, and service tax payable to the government, and other training expenses.
Please note that the whole training arrangement is made for only 7 days and any extra arrangement and stay shall be charged separately. The fee can be paid through Cheque/ Demand draft in favor of “Sahbhagi Shikshan Trust” payable at Lucknow. Fee once paid is not refundable as only 24 participants are confirmed. Full fee will be refunded in case participations is not confirmed by SST.
Please, don't send the fee unless your participation is confirmed.
Bank Details –
Name- Sahbhagi Shikshan Trust Bank Name: - HDFC Bank Ltd.
Account Number:- 00781450000036 IFSC Code:- HDFC0000078
Branch Name:- Hazratganj Lucknow
Trainer Team: - Trainers Team will comprise of –
1. Dr. Rajesh Tandon 2. Mr. Ashok Kumar Singh 3. Ms. Shilpi 4. Ms. G. Geeta
Dr. Rajesh Tandon, President of PRIA will be part of the trainer’s team. He is the pioneer of this course and has developed this course and its pedagogy in India. Mr. Ashok Singh, Founder Director of Sahbhagi Shikshan Kendra and has more than 36 years of experience in facilitating the Training of Trainers program for various organizations. Ms. Shilpi, heading the SAKAR organization in eastern Uttar Pradesh, has 10 years of expertise in gender and networking for facilitating training. Ms. Geeta will be a co-facilitator with the trainer team from SSK.
· The application shall be considered on first come first basis.
· Please fill the application form attached with the flyer for confirmation.
· The participants shall be provided with 7 sets of TOT manuals, Songs book, learning instrument book,Bag with necessary stationeries, different exercises specially developed for trainers.
· Participants shall also be provided with a “TOOLKIT FOR TRAINERS” handbook.
· Access to 24 hours free internet facility for the participants & Trainers
· Access to library of SSK
The Above-mentioned rates are inclusive of all taxes.
HOW TO REACH THE TRAINING CAMPUS - The TOT program will begin at 10:00 am on 6th Nov. 2022 and all the participants are requested to arrive by 6th morning. Long-distance participants can come on the 5th night. Participants may plan their return journey on 12th Nov’ 22, post lunch.
Location of the campus and facilities: SST Training campus is located on the Lucknow-Sitapur highway-approx. 15 kms away from the Lucknow Railway station. Prepaid Auto /Ola/Uber services are available from the station /Airport. The campus has all the basic facilities. All the hostel rooms & training halls are air conditioned and the campus is surrounded with lots of green vegetation. The accommodation will be made in a 3 bedded spacious room with attached toilet & bathroom.